Welcome from the Director of Sixth Form
Wymondham Sixth Form is an aspirational sixth form and our ethos is firmly grounded in working hard and achieving academic excellence whilst being treated as an individual and being part of a strong community. The time spent at sixth form is brief so there is a firm focus on preparing students to be successful, multi-skilled and employable individuals.
As an ambitious and academic institution, we offer a wide range of A-level courses which enable our students to successfully access places at the top universities in the country. Students at Wymondham Sixth Form aim high and we engender a culture of hard work and aspiration; however we never forget the need for positivity and encouragement, strong relationships for learning and fun.
Students at Wymondham Sixth Form achieve well and work with staff to make significant progress. This resulted in exceptional A Level examination results this year which showed that the progress made by students was considered ‘outstanding’ by Alps, an organisation who provides A-level, AS-level and BTEC Level 3 value added reports and training to over 1,450 schools and colleges.
We are very proud of our recent Ofsted Inspection which graded our Sixth Form as ‘Outstanding’ The inspectors said:
- Students’ overall progress has been significantly above average for the last three years.
- Teaching in the Sixth Form is outstanding.
- Teachers’ extensive subject knowledge, high-level questioning skills and strong individual support for students have a significant impact on their progress.
- Study programmes are highly individualised.
- Students feel very well supported to move to either education, employment or training. A student commented, ‘Staff want us to be rounded candidates and individuals.’
- Students are very positive about the high level of support and care that they receive from the Sixth Form team.
Our aim is to take students on a journey to add value from their starting point on entry and ensure that they not only leave the Sixth Form equipped with an excellent academic profile but are also well-rounded, resilient and confident young people who have had a wide range of experiences beyond the curriculum.
Every student is considered an individual and we make every effort to make sure that students are valued and personally supported through this important period in their life. As a result, we are keen to offer potential students individual guidance and encourage you to come and see us.
Mrs C Preston
Director of Sixth Form