On behalf of the Governors of Wymondham High, I welcome you to our school.
Wymondham High Academy is part of the Enrich Learning Trust, a Multi-Academy Trust (MAT). The Enrich Learning Trust has overall accountability for the schools within the Trust, however a much of the responsibility is delegated to the Local Governing Board (LGB). The role of our Local Governing Board is focused purely on Wymondham High, is strategic, and focuses on the following key areas:
- provide oversight of the Academy in terms of learning, standards, safety and wellbeing
- agree and monitor Academy vision, policies and priorities
- hold Academy leadership to account for academic performance, quality of care & provision
- oversee and monitor the effectiveness of learning strategies
- carry out the Enrich Learning Trust’s vision, policies, and priorities
- support the Enrich Learning Trust board and its committees in relation to the proper use of funds and delivering high quality educational provision
Further information on the Enrich Learning Trust can be found on their website.
The governors at Wymondham High are volunteers who believe passionately in helping our young people to be happy and successful people who accept responsibility, demonstrate determination and leave our school well prepared for the next stage of their journey. Below are a few key facts about the Local Governing Board and how we work:
- We operate within a target range of 7-11 governors. This is to ensure we are small enough to have focus and discipline, but large enough to have a broad range of key skills and experience. It also means we have enough capacity to cover our obligations; it is also in line with guidelines from the Department for Education (DfE)
- We meet at least once per half term. In addition to these regular meetings, each governor also has a specialist focus area. Some examples are: Special Educational Needs (SEN); Data and Insight; Safeguarding, Pastoral Care and so on. Governors spend focused time in the school to ensure that collectively we have both a broad and deep understanding of the school, and how it runs
- We undertake self-assessments and a number of us meet with other groups of governors from other schools (both within and outside the Enrich Learning Trust) to help ensure best practice, keep up with latest developments in School Governance, share learning with other schools, and to learn what has worked elsewhere
- Governors are typically recruited based on skills and experience, serve a 4 year term of office, undertake regular training, and give their time freely for the benefit of the school
- Over the years, the Wymondham High Governing Board has taken many important strategic decisions that have influenced the life of the school, including the conversion to Academy status and the decision to form a Multi Academy Trust, both of which have led to very successful outcomes for our students. Our students consistently achieve outcomes well above local and National standards but, more importantly, they leave us ready for the next stage of their lives. This is achieved through the hard work, dedication, and professionalism of the staff who work with the students, parents, agencies and the community with the challenge, support and direction from the Governors.
The Governing Board is resolute in ensuring an outstanding and sustainable educational experience for existing and future students. We actively welcome the views of our community including students, parents and staff. The Chair of Governors can be contacted through the school office. Please note governors are unable to be involved in student specific matters and these should be directed to the school.